Arthron Umbras make short range soldiers lose value and the game less fun

Just what we don’t need Zombie Arthrons. This game is already hard enough.

Several times the worms have fallen through gaps in the buildings or plants and you can’t get to them.

Registered an account to complain about umbras.

They are really strong; you have to kill 1 pandoran even before the arthron comes. Then it acts on its first turn, has great movement range, and no parts to disable, just a HP pool.

I’m in a lair mission where an umbra spawns in the middle of my group (with 3 overwatch soldiers pointing at it), and it gets a kill every time I reload. Soldiers are firing with 2 NJ sniper rilfes and a bulldog. How much firepower are we expected to spend on overwatch for these things in tight confines?

And why does it get 3 attacks? Just seems unecessary.

Maybe if it had half the HP it’d be reasonable, so 1 or 2 overwatch shots could bring it down.

Edit: I killed it by dropping a flame nade on the spawn point which provided the last 40 dmg to take it down using overwatch. Still seems OP.

It has 500 HP but no armor, so you need something with more damage per shot like a shotgun (Iconoclast with 10 * 35 = 350 damage*) or Deceptor (12 * 35 = 420 damage). The weapons you choose are pretty bad for OWs against Umbras, especially the sniper rifles with very low damage per shot (1 * 130).

No kidding, but a squad needs diversity. You can’t always have a shotgun handy for umbras.

Well, shotguns are generally very useful for Assaults.
At least my Assaults all have one SG in their inventory and they are also fast enough to cover the spawning point of the Umbra. Two of them are enough to kill it when it spawns.