A comprehensive guide for playing Phoenix Point (or an attempt at one)

i think you did a great job and it is full of good suggestions.
By invading one in the diplomatic missions for the other, you can quickly advance to ally status with the faction you are trying to win - a more proactive approach that allows you to reach ally status in less time. I did not go to war with another faction, but I do not want to wait for building a relationship by defending the marina etc. I think that to win the war we do not need support of 3 factions, it is enough to support 1 or 2

I think you did well with this guide

4 Likes

Hello,

First thankā€™s for your excellant work here and on Wiki. have found an error (i think so but iā€™m human and can do mistake) i have try to post in talk about it but impossible to create an account.

I'm very interresting if i find some other mistake or some things to add to wiki to help you. (Not like a direct contributer cause i'm sick and could not be always active but help as i can)

Else here the URL of the page of error and itā€™s about calculation of Global SP.

http://wiki.phoenixpoint.com/Character_Development#Common_pool_of_SP

Here is my Comment :slight_smile:

Global SP, i just do the test it's none EXP/100 Roud Up. It's Total XP or the Rectangle Total / 50 (Round up donwn i have no info for now, i'll put whan i have it). The reason in this play i have 100 XP and 2 SP not 1 SP (Cause your formula is round up but 100/100 = 1 sctriltly no decimal). Best regards ExA 

Sorry for my bad engish hope i have could help.
Best regards ExA and thanks again for your work

NB : itā€™s the game with no DLC and no MOD.

I want to know as little as possible about the game (so that I can enjoy the surprises) but as a rabid X-COM fan, I need to know the answers to these questions to know if Phoenix Point is for me:

1. Is there psionics (or something similar) available to the player in Phoenix Point? I hate psionics. I want to just shoot my enemies.
  2. Is it okay to lose soldiers? In the original X-COM, you could lose soldiers all the time and it was not really a problem. In Jagged Alliance 2 (for contrast) you had to keep your core people alive or else you wouldnā€™t be able to succeed. I want life to be cheap. Is it a severe problem to win battle after battle while leaving your corpses strewn about?
  3. To what degree does a soldier improve? I am happiest if the improvement for an individual soldier is fairly small. Following my ā€˜life is cheapā€™ philosophy, I donā€™t want to NEED to keep Frida or Xerxes alive. Nice if they live but okay if they die too.
    Thank you if you respond.
  1. Yes, there is Mind Control and other mind tricks when you have Priest class.
  2. Phoenix Point is more like new XCOMs or Jagged Alliance 2 as you prefer. You can have some losses, but not many. It is definitely different than in X-COM. Maybe recruitment isnā€™t expensive here, but having low level soldiers at later stages of the game is underwhelming. Of course you can recruit high level soldiers later but they ARE expensive.
  3. Unfortunately they improve vastly. High level soldiers with proper combination (order) of skills and proper equipment turn into god-like beings able to kill multiple enemies in single turn.