Why can't my soldier use a pistol?

To clarify, firearms like pistols will not fumble, only melee or jet jump can. Firearms ‘only’ get a big accuracy penalty but are usable the whole time.

3 Likes

medkits are only good to recover health and stop bleeding (maybe some other afflictions like poison, I’m not sure) but not busted limbs.

I thought that any weapons that you didn’t have proficiency could fumble, but MadSkunky said that they now instead get an accuracy penalty so you can still take a sidearm and use it.

4 Likes

Yes, it now cures poison, but not fire or virus. *this is part of some Derleth or so patch when people complained poison was almost a insta killer with no option to cure. Early in the game development it didnt.

1 Like

Neither of you seem to notice that every class can use a pistol. :open_mouth: Those soldiers that are untrained in pistol use, are less proficient than those that are trained, and run the small chance of a fumble when firing.
Also, there are Classes you can Dual Specialize in that give you the pistol proficiency. Plus the random innate abilities soldiers have as they progress, that gives them Pistol without having to to dual spec.

Personally, in 200+ hours of game play, I haven’t had a soldier fumble the pistol yet. :smiley:

1 Like

You are right, you just have to go through class options. Just got rifle proficiency skill with sniper with no dual class, equipped him and voila, he is good soldier, using rifle half a cost often :slight_smile: OK, lets say all weapons should be visible more easier to all with non proficiency mark, instead of class options?

1 Like

I agree 100% with that. It would give the game a less hurriedly made feel, IMO. :1st_place_medal: :wink:

1 Like

Fumble is for melee weapons, guns get less accuracy.

1 Like

There is an alert symbol for non-proficient weapon use in both the roster and soldier personnel screens.

1 Like

A Fumble, by any other name, is still a Fumble. :wink:
Fumbled the clip placement
Fumbled the safety off/on
Fumbled the reload
Fumbled basic firearms breathing, sight picture, and trigger control

And so on, and so forth. It is all in ones perspective, and training as to what you call it.

Lets just put it down to - then display all equipment instead of sorting it by class?

1 Like

this limit is stupid as the squad limitation to max 8 member.
It’s a frigging war if i manage to build an army of badass bastard that want beck their planet why i should play guerrilla warfare instead uh? And the crappy vehicles that use 3 slot are not able to worth a single soldier?

1 Like

Sinderion one is so great, but yes, too bad it takes 3 slots. Give us larger planes, no squad limits etc. to make full fun of it / scale enemies to our numbers deployed if needed.

Community mods clearly show the way :slight_smile:

I am really tempted to try even it means going campaign again!

1 Like

yeah i managed to use modnix and win a campaign as i wanna play this game unlimited deployment is the best of course. i think Vehicles should have a dedicated slot for them that not vary the amount of soldiers you can get aboard. But i have to revised that the vehicles are not crappy maybe the armadillo’s machine gun could be more precise since it’s fixed and not suffer much from recoil and more ammo for sure because compared to the scarab lose badly even if has a lot of armor and if enemies shoot only the front armor wich is massive cause very poor damage if they damage it at all.

2 Likes

WeMod Games is another good one to go to. Though currently in their Trainer for PP, only half the mods are working after the last patch. :frowning: