My feedback and suggestions after ~20h

About Ambushes missions, they need some tuning, yeah the exit is boredom most often, but the number of turns seems low.

For Lairs it seems they need mainly a better procedural generation that don’t generate weird setup.

Myself I would focus on UI tedious aspects or bugs:

• Geoscape: Option to disable auto unpause.
  • Geoscape: Fix the bug making production icons disappear.
  • Geoscape: Fix the zoom so it’s not only min or max.
  • Geoscape: Better 4X UI management, for example to sort soldiers, list bases and focus on one, have a short flat full view of the world showing bases, more.
  • Geoscape: Option for auto pause when all soldiers in a ship are rested. The game already show a message, it’s perhaps base related and better than nothing.
  • Combats: Option to disable auto switch to next soldier.
  • Combats: Option to disable right click moving soldier and instead escape/close current UI if any open. This is UI incoherency, everywhere right click is to close, it shouldn’t suddenly do something like that.
  • Combats: For double shot don’t reset aimed shot to normal shot.
  • Combats: Fix AP lost that happens sometimes when detecting an enemy during a move.
  • Combats: Option for a different control to change overwatch cone width, I would suggest right click would close/cancel overwatch but press right click will trigger cone width change with the mouse wheel.
  • Combats: Center on soldier when double click on portrait.

Otherwise:

• Chiron: Stop the RNG instakill, change deeply their design. The glue is ok but I would suggest add a state icon showing the countdown number. Damages risking RNG instakill is not ok, replace by damages at next turn forcing flee. Eventually DoT system. Eventually DoT system on Will not on Health. Eventually AP reduction and DOT.
  • Review balance between closer range and longer range. Current problem is the numerous dangerous short range enemy attacks. As it’s multi class and skills can’t solve the problem I would suggest closer range weapons adding some more resilience. Also consider some dangerous enemy attacks not working close/mid range. Consider increase damages from range, closer range then higher damages even with same weapon. Consider for longer range weapons to lower damages at too close range.