Lost enemies can be hard to find

Sound cues were definitely an ingenious mechanic that helped keep the game from bogging down without feeling too gimmicky.

And even though I don’t want to see hour long bug hunts come back, don’t get me wrong: a couple of my favorite OG gaming moments were from opening a closet door and then realizing I didn’t leave enough TUs to take a shot. You know how it is though, memorable moments can quickly become annoying when they happen every other mission (although you tend to get better about watching your TUs after the first screw up).

2 Likes

Yea, I have been stuck looking for the last alien in the map several times recently and it gets a little frustrating.

Sound cues like Finitethrills mentioned if there has been no action for 3-4 turns would at least help point us in the right direction. Another idea, once they are down to the last 1-2 aliens they get in a panic mode and suicide charge the closest soldier. Rather than us searching for 20mins for them… they come to us.

1 Like

We will probably have something like that (or at least something that serves the same purpose). All in good time though. We’re still in pre-alpha and there are only so many things we can add in between builds. Just because something is not present yet does not mean we’ve overlooked it.

1 Like

Absolutely mate, you guys are doing a fantastic job so far and considering this is an alpha build it is coming along fantastically!

2 Likes