Important Question bevore i think about buying the Game

Hello,

this is a Question to the Developers.

What Targets i Kill in this Game? Only Aliens? Or Humans too? I only Play Games where i Kill Monsters or Aliens, but never Games i have to Kill Humans. Thats one reason i dont buy X-Com 2, there i must Kill Advent Soldiers.

Greetz

Ragin

1 Like

Oh nooo… Didn’t Advent soldiers were marionette mutants, by the way?

1 Like

@RaginNordwin he’s right, Advent soldiers were no longer human but a kind of hybrid that was lacking in free will. You should go back and kill a few!

As for PP, yes there is the occasional battle with human foes. With your philosophy this game isn’t for you.

2 Likes

I love imaginary ethical dilemmas! What if the authors turn on the ability to paralyze not only aliens (as now), but also humans - following the example of the MGS or DeusEx - will this solve the problem of the topic starter? Like, will vegetarians eat cloned meat?

Yeah, you will kill humans in this game. Do note, not mind controlled humans, not human clones created by the enemy, not aliens disguising as humans. Pure humans. Killing them, stealing from them, leaving them to be killed by other humans or aliens. And when they request help from being wiped out, eh, maybe you will decide not to help just because they don’t have anything you want.

Sorry, man, it doesn’t paint a good light on Mankind.

2 Likes

I shoot anything in computer games…:slight_smile: I am mature enough to know the difference in real life!..:slight_smile: Just saying… But if you feel unbalanced by it then definitely don’t get it…:slight_smile: We need out postal workers alive…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The world is full of adults, people who can deal with violence in games and films. Some run amok or kill their classmates, siblings.

Fact is you lose the inhibition to kill, some more, some less, when playing such games.

I know it from my own experience. Only a few years ago I also played such games. I only had the rule that no blood splash, so no exaggerated violence. When I stopped completely, even to watch such films, I noticed that I now disgust when I look at a movie in which unfortunately blood flows. I even imagine some of the pain that people have and I feel even slightly bad. In the past, I did not care much for bloodier movies. I do not want to become so numb against violence again.

Monster or something, no problem. But thanks for the hint, now I know it’s not for me.

1 Like

I wish I could live in a world where people faint from the very idea of violence and bloodshed! I would rob banks, causing myself’ nosebleeds by picking in with my finger.

You are free to make fun of my attitude. I am adult enough to stand over it. :wink:

1 Like

As others mentioned before, aside from mutant alien threat, there are also three human factions and you will get into conflict with at least some of them. Human casualties will happen.

As for XCOM2, the game works really hard to absolve you of any guilt regarding killing advent, as they are mindcontrolled human/hybrid clones, which is revealed as soon as the game starts. The ones who break free and develop their own individuality join you in WotC expansion. The whole things is teethless to me and makes my eyes roll, but if rolling a dice against digital human enemies is something you don’t want to partake in, it might be enough to soothe your conscience :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. Even though Advent was the main reason for my decision against the game at that time, I do not like the future setting so well. I liked the old UFO Enemy Unknown from Microprose. Great game. Xenonauts is so far the most worthy representative of the genre. Or alien invasion. https://ufoai.org/wiki/News

The whole 3D is not my thing. However, I’m such a big fan of the genre that I make a few compromises on design. So also 3D.

I do not know what to call it. But the XCOM by Firaxis comes a little bit chubby.

The old one of Mircoprose was grim, scary and very atmospheric.

2 Likes

If these two were good in “XCom reboot” there would be no need for THIS game.
That should be major reason for.

Forget killing digital humans, care for real ones. Closest to that was STASI. No violent games allowed!

Well I glad for your self-control, but mostly question is what’s happened with self-protecting reflexes? What about most dangerous human enemy? Canis Canem Edit, Homo homini Lupus Est etc. It’s good that you choose for yourself dreams of a world where monsters are the only human enemy, and you don’t see any problems shooting them. By the way, this is species chauvinism. But the main thing is a fairy tale. However, this game tells a completely different story - about a disconnected humanity, which even in the face of a mortal threat is fighting among itself and cannot find a common language. Much time is devoted to the fact that you have to make a choice in favor of one of the human factions, to the detriment of the rest. Real drama, instead of the green blood of Carmageddon. Here is no time for Vanilla, sorry.
By the way, I asked at least about the possibility to reconcile them because I don’t really like to kill even digital humans too))

Don’t take is as an attack, but I think it’s less about “genre” and more about “not like 1996 X-COM”. If you are looking for remake of that game, neither Firaxis take, nor Phoenix Point will probably appeal to you. Personally to me, Xenonauts worked just as well as modern Disney remakes: so not at all. If I want to play 1996 X-COM I will play it, with OpenXCom mod.

You were right about XCOM2 setting. While the idea is not bad, the execution is pretty poor: pulling it off would require creating relatable SF setting and Firaxis doesn’t have chops in world-building and writing to pull it off. It’s a nonsensical and artificial theme. There is also certain lack of cohesion when it comes to tone and art style which their first remake had. Still, from the two XCOM2 is without a doubt mechanically superior. Though I prefer Longwar1 over LW2. Shame Pavonis never tackled WotC.

What Targets i Kill in this Game? Only Aliens? Or Humans too? I only Play Games where i Kill Monsters or Aliens, but never Games i have to Kill Humans. Thats one reason i dont buy X-Com 2, there i must Kill Advent Soldiers.

I also don’t like shooting humans in games. But still, this is just a game. Hunting monsters is much more fun though.

Yeah, you will kill humans in this game. Do note, not mind controlled humans, not human clones created by the enemy, not aliens disguising as humans. Pure humans. Killing them, stealing from them, leaving them to be killed by other humans or aliens. And when they request help from being wiped out, eh, maybe you will decide not to help just because they don’t have anything you want.

Sorry, man, it doesn’t paint a good light on Mankind.

What have you done! Minus one buyer ))

1 Like

I’m sorry, man. But when you think about what Phoenix Point shows of mankind, it’s a very ugly picture. Even before the game begins, you know there was already another World War because countries couldn’t understand each other about something that was no one’s fault.

(well, that was a joke -)