We’ve just pushed a small update: v1.0.58476.1 - which should resolve the issue some players are having when trying to enable the Blood and Titanium DLC after a fresh or reinstallation of the game.
Today we released our Danforth update which significantly updates some core game mechanics, adds mission and map variety, and addresses multiple bugs.
Scavenging Sites Rework and Overgrown Environments
Scavenging sites are now bigger and split up into three types based on the objective.
- Recovering resources
- Rescuing soldiers
- Recovering vehicles
Players can encounter any one of these three types of scavenging site missions and they’ll have to complete the objectives while fending off against constant enemy reinforcements.
Later in the game, players will encounter the Overgrown variant of the scavenging sites which offer better rewards.
Pandoran Citadels Rework
Pandoran Citadels are now bigger and have a more labyrinthian design with high walls blocking the players’ line of sight.
Weapon and ammo crates can now be found in Citadels as well as alien structures.
The Scylla has more Hit Points and more armour on each body part. Disabling any of its body parts results in more stacks of Bleed damage.
Players can now recruit soldiers from the Personnel section after researching Haven Recruitment Protocols. These soldiers won’t have armour or weapons and will refresh every 3 days.
Players now have the option to dismiss any of their units at any time by selecting them through the Personnel screen
Haven Defense Resident Soldiers
When defending a Haven, players will now find resident soldiers fighting with the attacking forces. If a player unit comes close to a defending unit, the player will gain control of that unit for the rest of the mission.
Haven Defense Starting Mist
If a haven is covered by mist in the Geoscape then there will also be mist after loading into the map itself.
Status Effect Interactions
The following status effect interactions have been updated:
- Sirens and Priest units will lose mind control of all units as soon as they become dazed or paralyzed
- Daze and Paralysis remove the overwatch status from a target, as well as the ability to return fire
- Daze and Paralysis remove reactive abilities from enemies like the Triton’s chameleon ability, Scylla’s mist spawning torso, and the Sentinel’s Preparation ability
- Panic removes return fire, overwatch, and mind control
- A unit with overwatch set cannot return fire
- Turrets and vehicles are immune to paralysis, daze, bleed, and mind control
- Mind controlling a Siren removes its mind control of other characters
- Melee attacks don’t trigger return fire
Save System Updates
If changes to the game lead to a player’s Tactical saves being invalidated, they will instead receive a warning message and be returned to the Geoscape right before they started the mission.
Turrets and Spider Drone Updates
Turrets and Spider Drones can now be manually controlled by the player as long as they have a Technician or Infiltrator under their control. This control lasts as long as those units stay alive or do not become mind controlled. If the units leave the battlefield or become mind controlled then the turrets/spider drones will continue moving and shooting using their own AI.
Balance / Other
- The maximum Speed stat a soldier can have has been reduced slightly and levelling up the Speed stat costs more SP
- Vehicles and Mutogs have increased HP and Mutogs deal more damage making them more valuable to the player
- Changed the background colour of several Geoscape screens such as the Personnel, Equipment, Deployment, etc.
- Made changes to the explosive barrels so that only the largest explosive tanks will explode after getting hit
- Enemies stuck in the environment will now die if they can’t move at the start of their turn
- Fixed a hang when disabling one of the Chiron’s legs
- Fixed an issue where after loading a Geoscape save the player wouldn’t be able to move their selected aircraft
- Fixed a hang after a Mutog attacked an enemy close to an exploding barrel
- Fixed a hang after a friendly soldier died from bleeding out
- Fixed a hang after a Mindfragger attempted to mind control a vehicle
- Fixed a hang after a Triton was hit by a fire grenade
- Fixed a hang after a friendly unit was killed by a melee attack and the unit dropped a specific item
- Fixed a hang after an enemy moved and discovered several units and objectives
- Fixed a hang after an overwatch shot destroyed an enemy unit’s weapon
- Fixed a hang after an enemy tried to heal an ally that was killed by an overwatch shot
- Fixed an issue where landing with a Jet Jump on certain platforms would instantly kill the player’s unit
- Fixed an issue where the player’s containment was emptied after loading a Geoscape save
- Fixed an issue where Mindfraggers would lose their collision after attaching to a unit
- Fixed an issue where enemies would spawn inside certain environments’ props
- Fixed an issue where vehicles had no collision with certain environments’ props
- Fixed an issue where destroyed havens would remain in the Geoscape’s objectives
- Fixed an issue where the remove Mindfragger ability can take upwards of 15 seconds to complete
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons couldn’t reload even if the unit has ammo in its inventory
- Fixed an issue where switching from the Equipment to the Manufacturing screen and then to the Personnel screen would cause certain pieces of equipment to disappear
- Fixed an issue where the Yugotthian Entity can cause 0 damage with its Mark of the Void ability
- Fixed an issue where the research for Alien Citadels was unlocked by destroying a Nest
- Fixed an issue where the objective buttons in the Geoscape were smaller than their icons
- Fixed an issue where the “Tab” key didn’t work in the Free Aim mode
- Fixed an issue where a character info screen with random characters and symbols would randomly appear in the tactical portion of the game
- Fixed an issue where loading a save during the Geoscape tutorial would not update the objectives and the tutorial couldn’t be finished
- Fixed an issue where a Scylla’s movement can be heard during the cinematic after loading into the mission
- Fixed an issue where the evacuation zone for some Synedrion maps was placed in the middle of the map
- Fixed an issue where the “Replenish All” button wasn’t greyed out after replenishing all of the items
- Fixed an issue where the right Ctrl button couldn’t adjust the overwatch’s width
- Fixed the “Hide Helmet” text not fitting in its UI box within the Customization screen
- Fixed an issue where the “Will Points” text spilt out of its UI box in certain languages