Arthron Umbras make short range soldiers lose value and the game less fun

I make the vague assumption that it wouldn’t matter much if they went back to the old Rage Burst.
Almost at the same time, they also massively increased the opponents’ HP. On release Scyllas started at around 1500 HP and went up to a maximum of 2500-3000. Nowadays the weakest Scylla has 3560 HP and they go up to 7400. The other opponents were also strengthened, not quite as much as Scyllas, but they all got a buff. What should a sniper rage burst do against such a large HP? Honestly, even with the 180 x 5 of the best sniper rifle (the ancient one), you need 4-5 sniper rage bursts to kill the weakest of these Scyllas. I’m pretty sure, many other combined attacks, including some Sneak Attack double damaging, would be way more effective.

In general, it was more effective to do a rage burst with a Deceptor in the past and it still is today, you just have to get closer. At least the casual gamers would have their favourite toy back, which in my opinion is by far not the biggest problem in balancing neither then nor now.

Edit:
In retrospect, I feel slightly confirmed. I took another look at the old thread about the “OP” Rage Bust Sniper: