Yongyea covered the bait and switch. Nearly 1 million subs, link inside

i total understand and if i were in your shoes I would have a totaly different view. you can still play the game unfortunatly you just have to wait a year. I personally dont want epic on my pc but it is my choice to wait and I sympathise that you dont have that choice.

Because i feel this is something that needs to be made a statement about. Breaking your promise and exclusivity is not something i want in the PC games industry.
And the only statement i can give that really matters, is refunding.

2 Likes

Gelanin I admire your principles and I hope your actions do make a differance.

1 Like

This is a FUCKING RETARDED comparison. What happened in NZ is horrible and you shouldn’t be turning such an atrocity that has ZERO relevance to this into a strawman argument.

Like seriously. I could keep cussing about how stupid your post is as it has ZERO relevance to any of this, but I won’t.

EDIT: This might be more of a Red Herring. Regardless today is St. Patty’s Day and I can’t be bothered to think that hard to differentiate between the two atm.

1 Like

I was trying to put across is what has happened with snapshot and epic compared to what is going on it the world is it realy worth all the venom and toxicity being posted on this and other forums. I get people a angry/pissed off/frustrated/let down I get that thats fine come on the forums have your say get a refund and leave it at that, why is it a FUCKING RETARDED comparison? why the need to get personal with me Aknazer? and if you read the whole post its quite clear what the FUCKING comparison is.(see not nice being shouted at for no reason)

This is good comparison about problems which can be experienced. Some just get over switching launcher of the game.

It’s fucking retarded because you’re trying to use an actual atrocity to basically say that what happened here doesn’t really matter. The two topics aren’t related in any way and you should feel ashamed for trying to relate the two.

Yes those murders were atrocious, no that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be upset about what has happened here. The two aren’t related.

1 Like

No, it’s a p**s poor example of nothingnness. It is a Red Herring as it’s him trying to distract people with something that’s completely unrelated. Or we could call it a Straw Man because he’s trying to then say that what has happened here doesn’t really matter because this other (completely unrelated) thing is so much worse.

He’s literally using the deaths of 50 people to try and distract from and justify this switch. If one doesn’t care about the EGS switch that’s completely fine! But don’t pull the deaths of others into this.

i referenced it because yes people are upset and angry at what has happened they have every right to feel what they feel, however the way some people are carrying you would think its the end of the world i was trying to make the point that what has happened in epicgate compared to what is going on around the world with wars/famine/ genocide people blowing the fuck out of each other, is it realy that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, I am not belittleing anybody for having a different view to me I am quite happy to have an adult discussion with anybody who has a different opinion. if you want to vent your opinion do so constructive way soon, as you start name calling and casting aspersions on people they do not take you words seriously.

What you posted attempts to marginalize people’s complaints by comparing it to something both irrelevant to the topic at hand, and something that is obviously way worse than the topic at hand. Given that you pulled the deaths of 50 people into a topic about people feeling lied to, I feel that is flat out despicable. But one thing you will notice is that I didn’t call YOU those things, I said those things about your comparison. I attacked your comparison, not you directly and I stand by that.

Aknazer firstly i appologise you are correct you you didnt call me anything and it was in reference to what i posted.

I havnt marginalised anybodys complaints I have been actively engaging people in conversation, however some, not all peoples reactions to me are very extreme and i was attempting to make a point, maybe it wasnt the correct way to go about it and if you feel it is fucking retarded thats fine but why be so aggressive about it?

I suppose the point i was trying to put across is that some people have been comimg on the fourum being verbaly abusive they have also been threatening the moderator with death threats, is this ok in your book?

the reason i mentioned New Zealand was in the hope that peole might take a step back from their rage and realise its just a game! has Julian and snapshot killed all their familys? no! have they lied and changed the deal, in some peoples books,yes they have, I feel for all the people who are locked out because they live in countrys that cannot get epic, yes it unfair but does it warrent death theats? who being FUNCKING RETARDED now?

suppose I am not happy with what has happened but what can i do? I can get a refund or i can voice that im not happy and continue with my life.

i personaly cannot see a problem with what has happened. shit happens ive spoke to a lot of people on the flip side of the coin and have accepted what the have said even though i dissagree with them, very few people have civily accept my point of view.

3 Likes

Going back to the video posted - I watched it this morning and regardless of how many subs the guy has he’s just reading out official communication that we were already aware of, and then reading out individualised responses to support his position. I felt that it added very little to the debate, if anything.

I don’t know this for a fact, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s monetized, he’s clearly a go to guy for your weekly dose of gamer outrage.

1 Like

I like YongYae - he is a good source of what is happening in gaming community. While passionate, though, he doesn’t have much insight, and he tends to just report on what other people said/think.

He came across as a nice enough guy I’ll give him that, but it’s lazy journalism.

Kind of off-topic:

I didn’t watch this one, but those kind of videos are making me angry… why should I waste my time listening to someone saying the exact same thing I could just read?.. if he wants to get attention to it, post a link to the source then say something new, your opinion, something which makes your video more than just a rehash of the written articles…

I wouldn’t call it journalism, more like a daily dose of gaming gossip. Jason Schreier had an exchange over YY lack of insight and his responsibility as a reporter with large following. Too bad JS came out like a condescending ass, instead of being actually helpful.

1. What you saw wasn’t me being aggressive, it was an unfiltered me as yesterday was St. Paddy’s Day.

2. You got such a strong response for multiple reasons. Normally this is done in regards to the politics around gun control, where they bring up some atrocity and then use it to justify something else (ie taking away guns) without the item being put forward actually working to fix the problem. That’s all I’ll say on that as this is a games forum and not a political forum, but the fact that you (probably unknowingly) did that, and used these deaths to try and “put into perspective” a gaming issue…well I find that highly…infuriating…

3. I don’t agree with those that have come across as verbally abusive, death threats, etc. I wasn’t following the whole “toxic cock waffle” incident but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the individual deserved being called out (even if a PR guy “shouldn’t” say such a thing, that doesn’t make it less true).

4. There’s better ways to get across that “it’s just a game” than using an atrocity that isn’t even 72 hours old at the time of your post. Likewise I roll my eyes and wish people would drop the hyperbole when I see some of the other crap that people have posted about this.

I get that some people don’t have a problem with this and that’s fine. I get that some don’t even see/understand why we’re upset. I don’t agree with some of the crap they’re saying just as how I don’t agree with you attempting to use the deaths of 50 people (last I heard) to try and put things into “perspective.”

fair enough I am sorry if I offended you.

It was the most relevent thing that came to mind whilst trying to express my thoughts.

I started off not wanting to get involed with the whole debarkle but some of the things being said on this forum and other forums realy pissed me off and I felt I had to say something, maybe i went too far with what i wrote but i would like to think it made people take a step back and look at what has happen for what it realy is.

which is when it’s boiled down to bare bones people feel they have been lied to and snapshot are not delivering what they said they would. is it realy worth all the rage? why not let your wallet do the talking and get a refund and make more of a statement that way, makes hell of a lot more sense to me.

1 Like

You can get a refund AND complain on the internet they aren’t mutually exclusive. Sometimes you want to explain to the company why you felt you needed to get refunded and try to express the depth of feeling that you have about what happened.

And yes you did marginalise people’s complaints (if perhaps unintentionally) that is literally what “look at this way worse thing don’t you feel silly from being so angry about this comparatively much smaller thing” is. There is plenty of terrible things going on in the world, it’s possible to be outraged by all of them at the same time.

In fact I would say it’s vital to be outraged by all of them at the same time otherwise some of those smaller injustices would just never get addressed as another bigger one would come along and it’d get pushed to the side again.

There are obviously limits to the extent of that outrage that is justifiable and death threats which I’ve been hearing some people at Snapshot Games have been getting is way beyond that.

yes I agree, got nothing against people expressing themselves in a constructive manner such as yourself, when people are abusive your just going to get abuse back its counterproductive and very rarely gets resolved and ends up escalating. Buy all means complain to the company and get a refund I think that has more impact and says more than the abuse been thrown around.

you are right it wasnt my intention. it was more of perspective of whats going on. maybe it was a bad analogy maybe it wasnt. some people are going to pull me up on what i said and challenge me on it which is your right. some might read it and go actually yes it has made me pissed off but do you know what its not the worst thing thats happeneng in my life. I dont feel i have marginalised anyones complaints.

1 Like