SOLVED: Stuck at loading screen

hello guys,

i’m stuck at loading screen at the very first time i run the game.

i just open the game as admin from its own executable than comes up the loading screen than nothingelse… it keeps waiting there.

any help is appreciated…

You probably need to give some specification of your computer. What OS, how much RAM, what graphic card or if you have set automatic page file size.

I have a good gaming which can run metro exodus, assassins creed origins kinds of games at high settings smoothly.

I tried it at my laptop which got a i7 7th Gen processor with 16gb of ram with a 960gt gpu.
Same result…

I checked the page size settings and saw both of them are set to default (system controlled without any manual input)

So I think I need to tweak that setting a little. I just don’t know how big it has to be or how small…?

Any input I can get about it before I start testing?

I use win10 on both computers. Both Nvidia gpus. Desktop Amd and laptop Intel. Got 16gb of ram on desktop and 8gb of ram on desktop. Sorry I wrote it wrong at top.

@Yokes any ideas? Thanks in advance

I bought the signature edition because I was so hyped to see the game at early access… Bugs are one thing but I cant even open the game…

I’m really disappointed…

Should I ask for a refund?

Try setting that page file size manually to 8 GB = 8192 MB, maybe it will work. Problem looks like he has problem with loading all graphics data, or maybe graphics driver should be reinstalled. GTX 960 is not really powerful card but I think it should handle the game even at this point without optimization. Try setting detaild from fantastic to potato. If that doesn’t help then I don’t know what can. Maybe developers can share some info.

My desktop got a 970gtx. I set the page file to 2gb min 10gb max but no success…

Tried shutting down my anti-virus and firewall…
I run it as administrator no success…

Graphic drivers are up to date…

Nothing changes. I saw made with unity logo than jump to black loading screen and nothing happens…

No crash, no error, nothing…

I really don’t understand what’s wrong :frowning:

Set min and max as the same value at least 8 GB (system sometimes can’t manage it properly). It solved my problem with loading and haning previous Backers Build. But well your case can be different.

After your msg I tried that too.

No success :sob:

I made it 16gb.

No success…

Both my desktop and my laptop has the same issue… I’m so frustrated :triumph:

So I have no clue how to help. Maybe @gamingmechanoid or @UnstableVoltage have some insight in such cases?

1 Like

Thank you very much for trying bro :heart:

That’s odd, I have an inferior system (an i5, 8gb Ram, Nvidia 950M) and the game runs fairly decent, even at Fantastic. Not great, but decent enough. So it’s not from the system itself, but something else.

Maybe an antivirus, or other software, is messing with the .exe file?

That’s possible but I deactivated them all. Even if I miss something my laptop which is kinda new and very less used is acting the same way as my desktop does…

That’s the weird part. Which I can’t run any logic on it.

If there is a way to create a report using some software I’m willing to do it if someone guides me.

try to download and install DirectX (but if I well remember graphics card should include that)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

I tried to run it at my old laptop with low specs.

Same results… Stuck at loading screen.
What’s wrong with this game? I tried 3 different computers to get exact same results…

I just noticed before seeing the black loading screen it gives a “not responding” reaction which last only for 2 seconds. Than sticks at loading screen…

Have you downloaded the build multiple times (once for each machine) or did you copy it over? There have been some cases of people having issues - but for one person to have the same issue on 3 pieces of hardware seems there’s something more going on here.

Maybe there’s a corrupted file.

I downloaded it from epic games app for each computer. And I downloaded it 4 times for my desktop. I made it check files each time as well.

I’m 33 years old and I been had a pc since I was 12 years old so I’m no stranger for computers.

I even tried to cut internet access and try that way.

No success…

Is there somewhere I can download the game from? To try :man_shrugging:

Edit: I even tried to close “automatic update option” no success…