Phoenix Point: Year One Edition coming December 3rd

Nothing new to announce today beyond our availability within EGS and Steam. We’ll be sure to communicate any future updates that pertain to GOG!

1 Like

If you backed Phoenix Point before March 12th, 2019, and received an Epic Game Store key, you will receive a Steam key for the Year One Edition on December 10th.

1 Like

Don’t really use EGS that much, not that I hate it, but at this point I would like to see a more advanced shop with a lot more features. But hmm… You may have a point, clearly Epic isn’t run by fools, and they are ditching a lot of money for this exclusives, so they probably know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

These first scenes looks to me as they are from the backer builds. I mean … ‘Fort Freiheit’ … I don’t think this will be a surprising comeback.

As far as I understand it, this ‘Year One Edition’ is not more as that what we actually have on EGS. Sure, some patches, but I highly doubt any other additions.

2 Likes

Is comeback of Linux version planned? I am sure not a priority, but is it ditched forever or delayed?

2 Likes

Will we eventually get a GOG key if we don’t use the Steam one?

How about this?

Here is a comprehensive list of what we are offering backers at launch and for the first year of updates.

1 - You will receive a Steam key or gog key in addition to an Epic store key, after the period of exclusivity. You can do what you like with these keys.

2 - The steam/gog key will be a special edition that includes at least 3 major DLC packs released in the first year. Backers who stick with Epic will get this DLC as it is released. Again, you can do what you like with these keys - selll them, use them or donate them.

9 - The two stretch goals from the fig campaign - sea bases and underwater missions - will form the basis of the first 2 DLC packs. There will be at least 1 more major DLC pack during the launch year, plus a number of free updates for all players.

From this thread:

3 Likes

Hi there, we are not currently planning to do anything to existing Epic Game Store content, so if you own the game in any edition, the season pass, or individual DLC, that will remain intact in your library. Anyone purchasing the game on the Epic Game Store for the first time as of December 10th will have the option to purchase the Year One Edition.

We are not transferring any licenses to Steam, however, if you backed Phoenix Point before March 12th, 2019, and received an Epic Game Store key, you will receive a Steam key for the Year One Edition on December 10th.

3 Likes

Me too, but why use a different geoscape than the current one, then?

I’d like to receive a GOG key instead of a Steam one, as it was promised, with 3 major DLC (including Festering Skies too at least, plus I don’t consider Blood and Titanium “major” in any sense).

2 Likes

Hi Shoggoth, that’s certainly an option for you to choose as we get closer to the release. We will have a more formal process for opting in before December 10th.

I’m confused.
When there was all the outrage about the Epic exclusivity deal, they calmed us by saying we would get the first three DLC for free to smooth things over.
But… now the first three DLC are just part of the normal game. Everyone who buys it will be getting it included. So… what… I’m confused. I’m hesitant to say they just fed us a load of bull to placate us… but… I’m confused as to what they offered us as apology for jerking us around.

If I’m not wrong, backers get the entire season pass, which amounts to 5 or 6 DLC.

1 Like

It’s the young aggressive game community acts… Snapshot got more time and money to work on this game with this. Yes they changed their promise… they delayed it… but for a good purpose…

This generation just buys every EA sport game every year and then they blame EA to make a crap game every year… I stop to try to understand people… you can’t reason with them…

1 Like

That’s true for Epic, but from what was said so far it seems it might not be true for the 2nd key (steam or gog). Year1 includes only three DLCs that were released so far. We will see.

Hi there - I’ve created a FAQ that addresses this and will be updated with other questions about the game. The short answer: if you backed before March 12th, 2019, you will receive all DLC for the game on Steam.

5 Likes

Question:

Not sure if Im just being bone-headed but it isnt stated definitively:

The blurb for the YearOne edition says it contains all released DLC, plus “a slew of updates, upgrades, fixes, and new content suggested by our community”

Does this refer to the periodic updates that apply to the original game?
Or does the YearOne edition include content that I will not see?

I have the “ultra edition” from Epic store, which I had presumed gives me access to all possible content.

I am sure it refers to free updates that happened between Epic and steam launch.

Yes.

1 Like

I might be alot more excited about this if, say, you fixed your broken game first.

It is unplayable and you all are like - “Oh, we’ll fix it next month. Now piss off and buy our next release”.

1 Like

Oh… cool… I was not aware of that. I must have missed that announcement. Thanks for the response.