I'm bummed but uninstalling this game for a single objectively bad mechanic: Virus

You can already do that with Paralysis. It’s not well known - and I keep telling PP they should include it in a pop-up tooltip when someone gets paralysed - but if you Evac all of your active soldiers, anyone who is still paralysed will automatically Evac with you.

1 Like

The problem with this is that Evac was introduced to prevent the ‘Jet to Maguffin - kill Maguffin - end mission’ cheat that was inherent in the first Lairs (and a few other missions), and which enabled a single Heavy to defeat a Lair in 2 or 3 moves.

Personally, I prefer Evac - to me it’s more realistic that once you’ve taken out the target you need to extract your team. But I know that’s a personal preference.

1 Like

Ok, the cheat was detected, but it can be killed when the team is far away. Imo, you need to actively act according to your plan, step by step, without leaving possible problems behind.

It would be fine if ailments didn’t cause you to be unable to evac teammates. And when enemies spawn every few turns, it’s not safe to leave anyone behind even if it picks up paralyzed folk when you do.

And since a teammate can be in fear indefinitely it ruins the evac mechanic since you can never leave. Which is why I made this thread.

1 Like

I like it in theory but it leads to lots of tedious gameplay just moving guys across maps. Even if enemies are spawning they are never numerous enough to be a threat. The end game is drawn out enough as it is without this.

1 Like

21 posts were split to a new topic: Pandoran Structures as a Network