I’m not sure what you guys think about current difficulty but I decided to use some in-house rules to make it more challenging. It is related to skills, but I will probably add some points later on, not connected with skills.
So you want to have higher difficulty? Use these rules in BB5:
- When handling items between soldiers put the item in the backpack of second soldier, then with that second soldier use inventory again to ready that item (that would also mean to not messing around with inventories of other soldiers with your Ready for Action assault).
- Use Dash no more than once per turn for soldiers up to 4 level and 2/turn for soldiers with 5+ level.
- If you plan to double class to assault with Heavy or Sniper classes and you plan to use heavy or sniper weapon, don’t train Return Fire.
- Use Rally the troops only 1 time per combat with one soldier, and no more than 1 / turn if you have more assaults in your team.
- Use maximum of 2 AP granted by Rapid Clearance.
- Use Quick Aim no more than 2 times per turn.
- Do not train Master Marksman (snipers already have too good accuracy with their gear).
- Do not train Weak Spot with Sniper.
- Use Mark for Death only once per turn.
- Do not train Inspire with Heavy class.
- Use Rage Burst only with burst weapons and those not doing more than 40 damage per bullet (multi-pellet/rays weapons are excluded, so no Shotgun or Acid weapons)
- Do not train Armor Break with Berserker.
- With Adrenaline Rush use it as it would decrease skill cost by 1 AP (not to 1 AP). Don’t use remaining AP which will be left.
- Use Fast Use only with items mentioned n the description, so only medkits and mech arms (use other items and skills as they would use regular AP).
- Do not train Electric Reinforcement with Technician.
- Mind Control only one enemy at a time with each priest.
- Do not train Psychic Ward
- Use Mind Blast maximum of 2 times per turn per priest.