Bugs with AI, scan marks, etc

Yes, I did and doublecheck several missions

1 Like

Problem: He forgot the +2 strength that you also get with this skill :wink:
(25 + 2) * 1,25 = 33,75 ~ 34
So AFAIK, geoscaoe shows the correct weight but mission value is bugged.

1 Like

Animation what unit is mind controled was. In fact not controled.

Exactly…

If you look at the thread I quoted (and I believe there was another one where this was discussed, but I can’t find it) there was a bit of a discussion because the 25% is added before the +2 to strength, so it’s like the carrying capacity is increased by 25%, and the +2 strength is computed for anything other than carrying capacity, because otherwise carrying capacity would be increased by more than 25%.

Now, I’m not saying it’s all good, I’m just pointing to a discussion with someone from Snapshot.

25% to original STR is strong enough, especially for technician class.
So for me it’s better if geoscope is bugged

Yes, I know this discussion an the math don’t lie :wink:
If the +2 strength would be added after the 25% then both values for encumbrance would be wrong.
Facts:

• In geoscape/strategic it is clear that you get +2 strength and then 25% weight capacity on the sum (I tested it with different strength values)
  • In mission you get +2 strength for HP and Bash attacks but not for encumbrance, here you only get the +25%

What snapshop initial want to have is their descision, but one of the two is clearly a bug :wink:

You don’t get 25% to strength, only weight capacity i.e. encumbrance, this % buff don’t touch the strength :wink:

I know :sunglasses: I can carry more turrets and that is very powerful

Indeed it is :sunglasses:

That’s for sure. According to Valygar’s post, the correct one is this one:

Hopefully one day they will get to fixing it, but there is quite a list there :sweat_smile:

1 Like
  1. I’ve also seen this problem. Pretty unnerving, hearing the worms scream like humans. I’ve also seen it with the Aspida. And some of my units with Bionic heads are making “Mutation head” noises. I think this was caused by the latest update - I didn’t notice it before.

2. Also seen this. In general, the AI seems ok with enemies with only a few abilities - moving and shooting it can handle. But with units with many will-point abilities, in particular Scylla and the Pure, it just gets confused and buggers about using the special abilities to no effect, instead of trying to murder my troops.

In contrast, for your point 2, I’ve fought both with and against Synedrion infiltrators, and the AI seemed ok - no worse than usual, anyhow. They didn’t use skills, that I could see, but did fill my soldiers full of crossbow bolts.

I really forgot about the +2 Strength and was counting only +25%.

I agree with you guys that according to the description of the resourceful talent the correct value is on Geoscape and it is bugged on tactical. I admitted it in the past on Canny: https://feedback.phoenixpoint.info/feedback/p/resourcefulness-talent-bugged

The team knows about it I told them and it also in our Jira. But as Voland said the list is quite long and we are fully focused on Cthulhu and DLC2 now. Anyway, I think it would not hurt if we all report it via F12 so QA sees that it is quite important :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Carrying weight with 31 (current) is already very strong, as there are also + 2 STR. Do you really want to make this perk even stronger or would you rather adjust the description?

Because it’s a bug and not a design. Why not fix what they designed, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water as an expediency. It comes in handy on scavenging/looting missions. I would think it’s more a matter of pride, making things work the way they were intended.

I understand. But not everything that was initially intended must necessarily be the best and last solution.

That is also true, look this guy , Encumbrance 50 using Neural Torso

1 Like

Yes, exactly, for me a tactical game is well balanced if there is a trade-off between each decision. There are far too many things in PP that go far beyond the target. Defending things like this harms the quality of the game in the long run. Just my opinion …

Edit: It’s not just about this one perk. Alone, this perk is just a drop in a whole puddle of water.

Max weight without skill - 30, with skill - 40… Not so many, but for heavy or technician necessary help.
Heavy lifter torso mast give 60…

no **cking activate option… mission dead end.

Just had this. The problem is that the activation tile is actually to the side of the highlighted tile. (So if you try stepping on all the adjacent tiles to the highlighted one you will see that the activation prompt appears). F12ed.

(tbh, I think it has always been like this and i just didn’t pay any attention to it)

i cannot reach south or north america with the manticore.
There i have to do the storyquest “prisioner in the ice” (hope translation is correct)

For all havens or bases the distance is to far to reach.

Sorry, but for my opinion this game feels like it isn´t finished complete.