2 concerns I have

• Last Post 16 December 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
spark disiple posted this 15 December 2017

1. Soldiers permadeath 

from what I've read and found out it will be difficult for your soldiers to die permanently, they are more likely to pick up a negative trait like lose of limb, or drug addiction.

i like this because it will take away some of the frustration of leveling up a soldier and then getting killed.   But I feel like this needs to balance out some. If it turns in to an alien attack is always knocks your soldiers unconscious never killing outright I feel like that will take away some tension in the game.   Oh it's fine if I leave my soldier in the open they just have to heal at base latter. 

2. Aliens changing in size 

the alien mutation system sound really cool but one thing that raises some concern for me is that they can change size. It really just matters how much. If a crabman becomes bigger than a crab queen I don't think that would be fun. Oh look no one humanoid sized enemies everyone is a giant.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
UnstableVoltage posted this 16 December 2017

1. If a soldier dies, they're dead - end of. Soldiers will die.

2. As far as I have been made aware, a 1 tile enemy will always be a one tile enemy. The mutations allowed for modular part replacement, which make them look different and give them different weapons or abilities - but a Crabman will always be a Crabman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snapshot Games Community Manager

YouTuber

Nerd and Gamer

Snapshot Logo

spark disiple posted this 16 December 2017

K thanks that clears it up for me. Can't wait to play it.

SpiteAndMalice posted this 16 December 2017

1. Do you know whether soldiers will also pick up long term injuries/disabilities?

Might be a nice thing if a soldier could pick up an injury which takes them out of front line combat, but still allow them to be present in the game somehow i.e. Training up new recruits, being involved with the medical or engineering teams, being sent on espionage missions against other factions, or even just hanging about in the background somewhere.

• This week I have been mostly playing Chaos Reborn.
Close